Personal Data Protection Act 2010
Notice and Choice Principle Statement pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010
The UMS Group, which includes the holding company, subsidiaries, and any associated company as defined in the Companies Act 1965 from time to time, places great importance in keeping up with legal and regulatory changes. In view that the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 is in force, we are taking steps to ensure that we are in compliance with the new Act. We write to keep you informed of our endeavours and also to provide you information on your personal information which we may be processing and the manner in which we are doing so.
Security of Personal Information:
The security of your personal data is our priority. We protect this data by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that meet or exceed applicable law. We train our employees in the proper handling of personal data. When we use other parties to provide services to us, we require them to protect the confidentiality of personal data they receive.
Consequently, we wish to inform you that personal data and other information (collectively, "Personal Data") previously provided, will likely continue to be used by the UMS Group for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you.
- To provide services to you.
- To process your payment transaction.
- Respond to your inquiries.
- Administer your participation in contest.
- Conduct internal activities.
- Market surveys and trend analysis.
- To provide you with information on product and services of the UMS Group.
- To provide you and your information on product and services of our business partners and/ or
- Other legitimate business activities of the UMS Group.
Disclosure of your Personal Data
We may disclose the personal to the following parties for the purpose stated above:-
- Our agents and service providers (including those located overseas) providing service relating to the purpose for which the personal data is collected;
- Third parties (including those located overseas) who provide data processing services;
- In circumstances where delay or default of payment has occurred, to our appointed lawyers, debts collection agencies, credit-reporting agencies; and
- Any person who is under a duty of confidentially who has undertaken to keep such data confidential.
We may also disclose the personal data if required to do so by law in good faith, if such action is necessary to (i) comply with requirement of any law enforcement agency, court order or legal process; or (ii) protect or defend rights or property of the UMS Group, its personnel and its related and/or group of companies. Further, please be informed that if required for any of the above stated Purposes, your Personal Data may be transferred to location outside Malaysia or disclosed to our related corporation, licensees, business partner and/or services providers, who may be located within or outside Malaysia or be knowingly disclosed to any third party.
Please note that it will be necessary for the UMS Group to process your Personal Data, without which we will not be able to continue to use your Personal Data for any of the above stated Purposes.
Access, correction and complaint and disputesge.
Complaint and Disputes:
You may request for access to, correction, or deletion of your personal information or limit the processing thereof (including personal data of others provided by you) or you would like to make any enquiries or complaints at any time hereafter. With respect to your personal information may be channelled to our Personal Data Protection Officer by submitting such request to UMS via post, email or facsimile transmission to the following address:
UMS CORPORATION SDN BHD
No. 2 Jalan Segambut Pusat,
51200 Kuala Lumpur.
Phone: +603 6258 7211
Fax: +603 6251 1644
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any request to access or correct the personal data may be subject to a fee and also to requirements under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
We trust that you consent and agree to the term above with respect to our processing of your personal information. Where you elect to limit our right to process the personal data, you may also contact abovementioned Personal Data Protection Officer, in writing.
The UMS Group may modify or update this privacy notice to reflect any changes to its privacy practise. In any case, an update version of this notice is available on www.umsh.com and you may periodically review this website to obtain the latest information on the UMS Group’s privacy practise.